Okay, so I am not the best lyricist (and I don’t sing in Air Supply), but what I do well is put together ingredients on the fly and make a simple tasty dish.
With that in mind, I came home after a brutal day at work with dreams of having a few beers and putting together a dish that would be just above edible.
What I came up with was a mixture of sweet and spicy, crunchy and soft that was better than I could have imagined.
What You’ll Need:
1/2 of a potato
1/2 of a red onion
6 cloves of garlic
2 Tbs of butter
4 Tbs of Sesame Oil
Jar of Banana Pepper Rings
2 handful of frozen mixed vegetables (green beans/carrots/corn)
tsp of Basil
1/2 tsp of Oregano
Small handful of dry roasted peanuts
Mae Ploy for drizzling
- Start by cooking the linguini noodles to your desired doneness. I prefer mine to be al dente.
- Next chop the potato, onion and garlic.
- Add the butter and 2 Tbs of oil to a pan or electric griddle(which is what I used) on medium low heat.
- Once the butter has melted and the wonderful scent of sesame oil fills the air, drop your potato, onion and garlic.
- After 5 minutes throw in some banana pepper rings (as many as you would like) and two healthy splashes of soy sauce to add that “kick.”
- Stir and simmer for 5 more minutes then add your frozen mixed vegetables.
- After 5 minutes toss in two generous handfuls of noodles and your spices (basil and oregano).
- Let those ingredients mingle for a few minutes before adding the peanuts just long enough to heat them up.
- After adding to the plate drizzle your noodles with some Mae Ploy for the sweet chili taste and salt/pepper as necessary.